Thursday, August 12, 2010

Grey and Mustard











So, I painted our office/playroom/piano-room/one-day-library... Grey stripes with a mustard/gold ceiling. It's the room at the front of the house that was originally the dining room (back in the 50's) and that we're not quite sure what to do with. When I told people how I was painting the room, I got so many looks that said "I'm trying to be polite, but really think you are crazy. That sounds awful."

And... I questioned it myself. But Frankie said it would look good, and he hasn't been wrong yet. So, one pencil, 2 levels, 3 rolls of painters tape, 3 colors and 4 gallons of paint, and about 14 hours later, we have our room.

I'm very happy with how it turned out! Here are some before, during and after pictures.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I love it! It looks awesome I just love yellow and gray!

Frankie said...

Lauren! That looks better than I even imagined in my head :-) GREAT JOB! And thanks for trusting me. I knew you would like it

Annie said...

Lauren - I can't believe you're already finished!!! Seriously!!! And, don't include me in that category for the people who gave you those looks - I loved it from the start!!! It looks beautiful, can't wait to see it!!

Sarah said...

I love it! Great to see you are blogging again! ~Sarah