Monday, August 2, 2010

The Broadmoor





We recently went to the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. Philip spoke at a conference there for work - and William and I were lucky enough to go with him! We had so much fun just hanging out by the pool and enjoying the beautiful, non-humid weather, while Philip worked. The Broadmoor is beautiful - a true resort - and I hope we get to go back one day!

And now, we are back to 'real' life. William and I went to the Library today. There's a really good one over by our house. I had not been to the library in years. They have almost fully automated the check-out process, like self check-out at a grocery store. And they don't slip the little 'due date' card in the front pocket of the book any more. Sad. You just get a print-out of your receipt with the due dates listed. It seems more efficient, but just isn't the same. I bet William will laugh one day when I tell him what it was like when I checked out books as a kid!
He got attached to a Dora the Explorer book, and I checked out a cooking book called 'A Homemade Life: Stories and recipes from my kitchen table' by Molly Wizenberg. So far, it's great! Each recipe in the book comes with a story - and I already want to make almost every one. I have 4 on the menu for this/next week.

1 comment:

Annie said...

oooh! share the ones that you have on your menu! pass on the good recipes!!! :)