Saturday, August 29, 2009

William's To Do List











For those of you that know me, and if you are reading my blog, I assume you do – I love lists. To-do lists, grocery lists, etc… So, I have created a list that sums up 6-week old William’s days. In even as little time as a week, I am sure this list will be different – so its main purpose is to help me remember what the little guy (and consequentially, I) was up to at this point in time.



1. Eat – usually 8 times a day for about 20 minutes each. Mom takes most of the feedings for now, but usually Dad feeds William a bottle once a day.
2. Make dirty diapers – usually around 10 a day! Who knew?
3. Change clothes – we usually can’t get through item #1 or #2 without getting the clothes dirty. I think the most we changed William’s clothes was 6 times in a day…. Before I stopped counting! When I was pregnant, one of my co-workers (who has 2 boys) told me she does 3 loads of laundry a day. I thought she was crazy. Now I get it.
4. Play – How does an infant play? I wondered this myself when we first brought him home. “What should I DO with him when he is not eating or sleeping?” Now, playtime is my favorite time with him. Some our favorite things to do are: read books (never too early!), go on short walks around the block, ride in the car (he LOVES the car!), sit in the bouncy chair (and kick, kick, kick), have tummy time (he doesn’t like tummy time yet, but we still do it), and “sitting up” – he loves to be propped up on our legs to face us. Most of the time, we just stare at him, talk to him, and love on him… and we consider that play time too!
5. Sleep – He is in a nice little schedule of Eat, Play, Sleep. He sleeps anywhere from 1-5.5 hours, with the shorter naps being during the day and the longer ones being at night. God must give a special grace to new parents. I LOVE my sleep, but am somehow able to tear myself from it at least twice a night to feed the little man.
6. Bathe – William took his first real bath about a week ago (after his cord fell off). We bath him every day (usually) and he loves them! (I almost forgot to add bathe to this posting... I'm glad I remembered. Wouldn't want anyone calling CPS thinking we don't bathe our child!)
7. Grow – William is constantly growing and changing! Most recently he has starting kicking, cooing, and even smiling at us! It’s still hard to tell who he looks like most, but he sure gets more handsome every day. And my Granny put it best when she said, “He looks like himself.”
8. Make my parents fall more in love with me...








3 comments:

Mary Pat said...

What a great post! You won't believe how quickly you forget what was going on with the baby at different times throughout the first year...I'm already having to consult the baby book to remember. This is awesome that you are making lists - William will love this!

Mel said...

Yea!! I love more of William.. so precious. Thanks for the update. He is getting so big! Think of your blog like his baby album and how much fun it will be to go back and read it! Im going to print mine out and have it bound :) You know me, already planning my next scrapbook!

Annie said...

Great post Lo!

I'm excited for lunch today- YAY!