Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Touched by Prayer

One of the most special things about these past few weeks is getting to spend time (even if brief) with so many loving family and friends. It is so special to see how much love William is surrounded by. And to be honest, I have been humbled - my soul has been touched - by how much love Philip and I are surrounded by.

One of the things that has made the biggest impact on me over the past few weeks is how many people have said "I prayed for you" or "We prayed for you" or "My prayer list prayed for you" or "So-and-so has been praying for you." How can I respond to so many and such sincere prayers that were lifted to the Lord on my behalf? The 'do-er' in me feels a bit frustrated that I can't DO anything in response. I can't send everyone who prayed a thank you note. I can't even repay everyone with reciprocal prayers. The only thing I can do is humbly and gratefully accept these prayers... knowing that there is nothing I did to deserve them, but that my life has been forever touched by them.

And... I can 'pay it forward.' Prayer has taken on a new meaning in my life. Knowing how much I have been touched by the prayers of others, and truly believing that the Lord hears our prayers, has given me renewed vigor and joy in praying over others. So, I would like to send a heartfelt "THANK YOU" to all of these prayer warriors who have blessed me so much.

And, as a quick update... we are doing great! William went to the pediatrician today and is healthy and growing. I am healing great and feeling well!

"Do we not find our minds wandering and ourselves even a tad bored in prayer at times because we wonder whether our words are bouncing off the ceiling? How differently would we pray if Christ appeared bodily and sat in a chair across from each of us, leaning forward to concentrate on what we are saying? Beloved, if only we would realize that although He is invisible to us, that is in essence what He does!" - Beth Moore

3 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

Thanks for the uplifting post! It's so true- God uses our prayers in wonderful ways and He is ALWAYS listening! So happy that you guys are doing so well! Your family is as beautiful as ever!

Mel said...

Hi Bob! I am so proud, 2 posts in one week :) What a wonderful message for all of us. I have also been thinking about prayer power of late. Its an unbelievable feeling to know we are so loved and heard.
Tell the fam hi and give WP a kiss for me.

Annie said...

Yay! You are now the ultimate mom, raising a newborn baby AND keeping up with your blog! I am so proud of you! And, get ready for tomorrow! I will teach you/help you with any blogging info that you need to know! :) LOVE YOU!

AND, MEL IS PREGNANT? WOW! YAY FOR HER!