Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Over reacting to say the least....

So... I wish I could say that as a pregnant woman, I have maintaned all sensibility and steered clear of irrational thoughts and actions. But, I can't. However, if I can't be rational, at least I can laugh about it afterwards...

Philip and I had a good laugh last night about my most irrational pregnancy moment so far. The story ends with me accusingly asking Philip, "Love, WHAT are you doing with your hangers??" Apparently the story begins with me doing laundry, looking in his closet for hangers, and finding not as many as I needed. In my irrational mind, my husband MUST have been doing something with his hangers... something to purposely irritate me. And he had been hiding it from me... maybe he was secretly taking them back to the dry cleaners without telling me. And I was going to get to the bottom of it.

The best part is that my wonderful husband didn't even accuse me of being riduculous (at least, not in the moment.) He simply promised that he wasn't secretly hiding hangers. I guess 'the bottom of it' is that a wise man knows to pick his battles carefully with a pregnant wife!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

ha ha! I love it...P will have to ask J about how I started crying when he took a magazine into the bathroom...ohhhhh the hormones! you are cute!

Mary Pat said...

Your post is hilarious...it only gets better...and when I say better, I mean better stories about how you'll feel like you're losing your mind! : )

How fun that you two are going on a trip!! That will be great to get away and relax before the baby arrives.

Here are some good days for us to to do dinner so just let me know what works best for you guys: 2/2, 2/3, 2/4, 2/9, 2/10.