Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring is here!

What's new with the Lukefahrs? We recently got back from Hawaii, I (Lauren) am getting over the flu (don't feel too sorry for me - I have been feeling plenty sorry for myself!), and we (Philip & Frankie) are planning to paint the nursery this weekend! Best parts about Hawaii:

* Private dinner for two by the beach
* Laying by the pool
* Virgin Pina Coladas
* Wearing flowy, comfortable clothes...everywhere
* Getting away together, pre-baby
* Feeling the baby kick - from the outside of my tummy - for the first time
* Sweet Sis taking great care of Mama cat when we were gone
* Coming home to spring - the azaleas here in Houston were in full bloon and just as beautiful as anything in Hawaii!

Wish us luck painting the nursery... especially since A&M is supposed to play in the NCAA tournament the same day we are scheduled to paint! We are planning on painting the walls two shades of blue - darker blue on bottom, light blue on top, with a white chair rail in the middle.




5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh so fun! Great trip to take pre-baby!

Annie said...

Ooo I'm so excited!! Last we talked I thought you were doing tan, but the blue sounds really pretty! Can't wait to see it once it's completed!

Elizabeth said...

love the pic of you and P in Hawaii! And cannot wait to see pics of the nursery after it's painted! :) Love and miss!!!

Unknown said...

Lauren...the trip sounds awesome!! I hope I can see you soon. Good job on getting away before the baby too... :-)

Your pictures are lovely, I get all futuristic dreamy. Virgin pina coladas...I think I will never get pregnant...no alcohol.

Kidding!!

Caroline said...

Lauren! I love you too friend. Thanks for your sweet comment on the blog. This is a funny world this blogging, but I love keeping up with what is going on with you and phil!
Oh, and thanks for letting me in on the quote. You'd think I'd know that being an English Major and all!