Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Little Pumpkin







What a great Halloween! My little pumpkin looked so precious! As his Pops said, "He's his Mommy's little doll..." And he was. This will probably be the one and only year I get to pick his Halloween costume, so I took full advantage. Plus, as a friend recently suggested, being a pumpkin for Halloween is like a right of passage.
William was pretty happy the whole day, but didn't quite know what to think about leaning against a pumpkin while 7 people oohed and aahed over him. He kept looking at me as if to say "Is this Ok? Should I cry?" Both of our families spent the day with us. It was such a good Halloween that nothing could spoil it...
...Not even the fact that we only got three groups of Trick-or-Treaters (wah-wah.) And not even the PLETHORA of creepy Halloween decorations in people's yards throughout our neighborhood. Not even the fact that I ate the entire contents of the first round of (chocolate) Halloween candy I bought, and had to buy more (non-chocolate) the day before Halloween.
In other Halloween news, I learned this year that October 31 is also the day that Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the door of the church, which began the protestant reformation. Thanks to William's school, Memorial Lutheran School, for the tidbit!

2 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

Precious pictures!!!

Annie said...

haha so cute! leave it to Lo to enter an important history fact into her post about her pumpkined 3 month old! love it!